« Home | the most slept on since pepto biz » | from stonesthrow: » | i wish i believed in heaven. » | err...yeah. » | intro. » | mic hath arrived. » | word. » | first post. » 

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 

work ethic.

listening.

trying.

failing.

learning.

doing.

my work ethic admittedly leaves much to be desired. recent events have shown me that i can't go on in that matter if i'm serious about anything in life.

i'll put it like this.

i've spent the last 3 entries talking about dilla. listening to where he was when he left, how exponentially better he was than your current top billing producer as far as an ear and having a signature and technical soundness... how many transititions his production style went through while most other dudes sat stagnant- listening to that- then listening to how much better those dudes are than I am-

it's like, wow.

lol.

loooooooooooooong way to go.

i've had people dap me up and say "yo, you've got fire", etc. but i know i'm still a baby at this, man. and a weak work ethic is only gonna keep me here.

so my ascension as a beatmaker is gonna require a bit of personal reform.

i mean...i'm in my apartment listening to records day in and day out, til the music is nearly seeping out frmo under my eyeballs... and i can't get a beat out to save my life. i be struggling man. i wouldn't call it being blocked, because i have done about 12 beats in the last 4 days, but i'm stuck on stupid at the moment. sometimes it makes me wonder whether i'm even cut for it.

i'm just trying to keep focused on working extremely hard right now.

<$BlogCommentBody$>

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm aeon?
  • From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
My profile

kit list.


    AMD 2200+ Processor
    1.0gb RAM
    128mb RAM Diamond Stealth Video Card (Dual Head Output)
    2 x 80gb HDD
    1 x 60gb HDD
    Terratec DMX 6Fire 24/96 SoundCard

    External Hardware:

    M-Audio Trigger Finger
    Behringer MX-402 Desktop Mixer
    Numark TT-1600 Belt Drive Turntable

    Software:

    Sequencing/Recording

    - FLStudio 6
    - WaveLab 5
    - Cubase SX 3.0
    - Acid 5.0

    Soft Synths

    - SampleTank XL
    - Arturia Minimoog
    - Novation Bass Station
    - Native Instruments Kontakt 2
    - Native Instruments Battery 2
    - AAS LoungeLizard

    VST Effects

    - PSP VintageWarmer
    - BBE Sonic Maximizer
    - Waves Diamond Bundle

    Mastering Effects

    - Izotope Ozone

    Mics

    - Rode NT-1A

    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates