« Home | i just realized that i dated my instru release 3/5/05 » | so i THINK things are starting to locomote. » | instrumental album available 3/5/05 » | show & tell » | i want a beat on » | so i've focused on creating a working setup for th... » | i'd give my balls for this set up. » | new year, new sh%t. » | forth & back. » | new developments. » 

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 

countdown to showtime.

i'm a little nervous.

i wanna do well; i wanna win.

part of me expects to. but when you're going up against unknowns, it's hard to be sure. couple that with the fact that i don't make typical radio music, it's up in the air. technically speaking though, i know my drums will knock, i know my samples will be dope in their own right.

we'll see.

it's also that i hate crowds of people focusing on me. ever since my younger days putting on a little suit and tie and standing up at the kingdom hall giving talks all the way up to this. it's just not in my nature to be up in front of people, especially people i don't know.

BUT I BETTER GET OVER IT. IN FACT IM GETTING OVER IT AS I TYPE.

this is the life i want, right? fame hoes and clothes? cash and ass? car crashin' high fashion?

lol

so yeah.
i'm at least confident that my music is good music. that's really all i can & want to count on.

____

these past few weeks have made me feel sorta... i dunno. vindicated. or...maybe validated. both.
about my choices with music. even though, there's nothing really to show for it but a buttload of promise and potential, it's like i'm actually doing something with my life.

i won't go into a long spiel about how i used to be and how i am now being total polar opposites, but yeah they are. making this music happen is as much about loving music as it is about showing myself the hidden ability to make things happen and to show that i belong as an individual in this world.

it's also about getting respect. lol it's dramatic and far too involved with psychological bolstering & self image. that's the way it beez though, everybody's just trying to make a name.

____

i got the most awesome birthday gift yesterday!

i'll post a pic when i get home. AWESOME!!!

really truly deeply.

thanks again yo. sincerely touched, i was.

(it's relevant to music too, so it belongs in this blog)

tonight after work i'm going to the record store, i think. i need sound bad.
or. maybe not. i dunno. i'll decide on the fly. but i really gotta score some wax soon... i'm running through records like cheap rubbers at an orgy. lol

____

next week is busy. monday is my birthday/showcase day, and also *crosses fingers* cooler side is supposed to "drop"... then thursday is the TM/Guilty Simpson/Black Milk concert in nyc.
i'ma drop dead son!

i love music tho, fam.

sh1t is the best. ever.

<$BlogCommentBody$>

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm aeon?
  • From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
My profile

kit list.


    AMD 2200+ Processor
    1.0gb RAM
    128mb RAM Diamond Stealth Video Card (Dual Head Output)
    2 x 80gb HDD
    1 x 60gb HDD
    Terratec DMX 6Fire 24/96 SoundCard

    External Hardware:

    M-Audio Trigger Finger
    Behringer MX-402 Desktop Mixer
    Numark TT-1600 Belt Drive Turntable

    Software:

    Sequencing/Recording

    - FLStudio 6
    - WaveLab 5
    - Cubase SX 3.0
    - Acid 5.0

    Soft Synths

    - SampleTank XL
    - Arturia Minimoog
    - Novation Bass Station
    - Native Instruments Kontakt 2
    - Native Instruments Battery 2
    - AAS LoungeLizard

    VST Effects

    - PSP VintageWarmer
    - BBE Sonic Maximizer
    - Waves Diamond Bundle

    Mastering Effects

    - Izotope Ozone

    Mics

    - Rode NT-1A

    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates